I’ve been posting onto this blog since the very end of January, but with the inconsistent posting before, I feel as though it’s still on the newer side. Although I have posted much about myself, and my life, I’d never done a “Random facts” post. I’m really excited to talk about this month’s Beauty Box 5 and Ipsy bag, but here’s a little about me to mix it up!
1. My name is Kristen. Not Krissy, Kris, NONE of that. I don’t know why, I just can’t stand nicknames for myself! Only a select few people can get away with it.
2. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. When I was a kid, an aunt and uncle of mine had a firework stand they would run. As soon as it got dark my family would set off all kinds of cool fireworks (that have probably all been made illegal in California since then)! It was very much a family holiday growing up, and now that Steven is in the Army, it’s that much more meaningful.
3. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, with a concentration in Linguistics.
4. I wrote my first story when I was in the second grade. Ever since then, I have been writing short stories and working on several different “projects” that I hope one day form into books.
5. I’m tall. I’m 6 foot tall, in fact. AND no, I do not wear heels.
6. My favorite color is green, but I decorate in mostly red or teal, and wear mostly plum purple and pink.
7. If I don’t keep my nails painted, I bite them. It’s been a nervous habit of mine since I was a kid.
8. My favorite movies include: The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, That Thing You Do!, and the Wizard of Oz.
9. I am a complete makeup addict (in case you could not tell). Urban Decay and Tarte are my favorite high end lines, and Maybelline and L’Oreal are my favorite drugstore brands.
10. The quickest way to get on my bad side is to insult my friends, family, or intelligence.
11. If I could only eat Chinese, Vietnamese, and Japanese food for the rest of my life, I would be happy.
12. I have never seen any of the Star Wars or Lord of the Rings movies.
13. I love taking pictures and everything photography, film and digital. Being paid to do it, however, takes away a lot of the magic of it for me.
14. Instagram is the only social media I am absolutely addicted to. Facebook, twitter, etc. I can go days without. Instagram I check many times a day.
15. I got my first gray hair when I was sixteen. It’s genetic and it’s a pain. BUT I never really liked my natural hair color to begin with.
16. I do not buy into labels. I would rather wear something because I like the way it looks and how it makes me feel than to flaunt something expensive that a lot of other people have.
17. No matter how old I get, I will always love to color (crayons & coloring books).
18. I cannot watch scary movies. I will psych myself out for YEARS.
19. I’ve never been big on video games, but I can spend countless hours playing The Sims on my computer.
20. I thought this was going to be an easy blog post. It was not.
%d bloggers like this: